Our Products and Services
- Aesthetics – The presence of teeth gives a natural appearance to the face and helps support the lips and cheeks.
- Mastication – Chewing force is greatly improved.
- Speech – Aids in pronunciation and phonetics.
- Self Esteem – Improved appearance serves to boost confidence.
Cobalt chrome dentures use a cast metal framework in a partial denture that is generally considered to be a more permanent appliance. Unlike acrylic (ie. plastic) dentures, cobalt dentures are usually supported and rest upon teeth which stops any damage to the underlying tissue during the up-and-down movements of chewing or talking. Cobalt chrome dentures are far superior to acrylic dentures because they are thinner, more comfortable, longer lasting and kinder to the health of the supporting tissue. Your dental prosthetist will discuss your needs with you to determine if you are a candidate for cobalt chrome dentures.
Immediate Dentures have a number of benefits:
- No Missing Teeth – You wont have to walk around with a gap in your smile.
- Better Healing – Immediate dentures act like a bandage which help the would clot and heal.
- Less Resorption – It can assist in reducing resorption.
- Improve Chewing and Speech – It will allow you to continue to chew food and minimise speech problems as you will not have gaps.
- Easily Adjusted- Full Immediate Dentures can be relined down the track once the bone has resorbed and wounds have healed and this will greatly improve the fit of the denture.
- Better Alternative- With Full Immediate Dentures it allows the existing position or the natural teeth to be copied.
Immediate dentures will not be suited for all patients, and your Dental Prosthetist will discuss your situation and answer any queries you may have to allow you to make the best decision for your situation.
Relining a denture is the process of re-fitting the surface of the denture to the tissues of the mouth. Over time your mouth changes and tissues and bone resorb, meaning that your once snug fitting denture becomes quite loose and may fall out while eating or speaking. Most dentures will require a reline every 2 to 3 years. Patients who require a reline will require two appointments. The first will involve taking an impression in the morning, and the second will be for inserting the denture in the afternoon, meaning that for several hours in the day you will be without your dentures. A reline may not be the solution to all denture problems, as over time the bite can change considerably. We will discuss all options with you and provide you with the best approach for your needs.
- Far more stability than normal dentures
- Even easier eating and speech
- More natural feeling when in the mouth
- Increased comfort with even less gum irritation
- Superior aesthetic results
Your Dental Prosthetist will help you understand the benefits of implant over dentures and will discuss the procedure involved.
Seaside Smiles can provide you with a professionally fitted custom mouthguard, whatever your game. Click here to find out more.